Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Last night the Canes put a severe hurting on Montreal with an 8-2 score. I had picked up Cole for my fantasy league, so having him and Staal last night proved to be quite profitable.

Work stress is starting to pick back up but I guess it's probably because of everything else, things tend to build on one another. There is also the stress of just not getting the questions for this week's assignments in my class. I can't believe I'm lost already and it's only the second week of class. I've read all of the information provided and the things I need to learn are presented in a couple different ways across the printoffs, but there just seems to be holes where my answers should be. Hopefully it will click soon - or this could be a very long semester. At least now I know I didn't miss a calling in finance or accounting.

Satin isn't feeling too hot the past 24-hours. I arrived home Tuesday after work to one spot of vomit - she wouldn't eat a thing (and believe me I was pulling out just about everything to offer to her). Around 2:45am this morning I heard her throw up again so I got up to clean things up and tend to her. I ended up dealing with another 3 spots within 40 minutes. She actually wanted me to sit near her and I could tell from the way she looked at me and behaved that her stomach was quite upset. After she was able to settle back in enough to go to sleep I took her to the basement in case there was more messes forthcoming. I have to be honest, I wondered seriously if she'd be there in the morning, but she rested well and I woke to find only one more spot in the basement (and one in the bedroom I missed the night before) and her wagging her tail at me, seeming to feel a wee bit better.

I head this afternoon after work to pick up additional pills as our final effort. There is little hope that this will turn things around, but even a small percentage chance is worth taking as they can do her no harm.

No comments: