Thursday, January 26, 2006

Snow - it arrived the night before last in some freakish thunder/lightning/sleet/snow/wind event. Since, we've had more flurries which have totalled us at a few inches of the white stuff. Satin has been blessed in the past week from getting to bask in the sun at the foot of her tree one day to this morning getting to enjoy the snow. She made the most beautiful snow puppy today, burying her whole head into the snow flopping over and rolling about kicking and whatnot. I am glad I stayed and watched her enjoy this moment in the snow instead of rushing off after putting them out to get ready for work.

Last night she didn't want to come in, which is typical for her with snow, she again just wanted to lay at the foot of her tree in the white stuff. Given her less than stellar health I didn't want her out there in the cold too long, but she did get a couple decent sessions to lay in the snow throughout the evening. Satin also ate pretty well yesterday and surprised me with her pills. Last night it was a set of three pills - she ate the first two that I tucked into pieces of chicken without notice, but she did find the third spitting it out. Vixen was outside so I took the time to reason with Satin that it was in her own best interest and I really needed her to take the pill. I headed to the bathroom and by the time I returned, the pill was gone. I looked everywhere - she HAD to have eaten it - and it wasn't stuffed back into anything. This morning she refused the hot dog with the thyroid pills several times before another "please Satin, I need you to take this". She then took the bite of hot dog and chewed it up before flopping down to nap. I tell you - she understands me - and she HUMORS me.

I also accomplished the baking of pumpkin bread last evening, but only after realizing that my muffin pans are MIA. Damnit, no chocolate chip muffins for me, but the pumpkin bread made do. While this baked I got through the rest of my problems for this semesters class and I understand the formulas etc at this point. There is one type of problem that doesn't make sense to me yet - the perpetuity - if some accounting god out there can explain what this does for us to me I'll be indebted. Yes, I can solve the problems w/ the formula but I want to know what it is in practical terms that make sense.

Anyhow. I am in document hell again - I'll never understand all of the documents and needs that float around requirements. I want to just throw myself on the floor outside my cube and have a tantrum kicking and screaming "I don't wanna and you can't make me!" Such the mature solution, don't you think?

No comments: