Sunday, January 22, 2006

Friday evening Satin seemed to have spurts of herself inbetween wanting to lay around. When I took her out front to potty she even gave a tug for a walk. How can I deny her that simple wish? The weather was pretty nice and heaven knows I could use the exercise as well. As to not overwork her we didn't walk too far, despite her desire to walk further (I didn't want to push my luck). She wasn't pulling like she normally would, but that's understandable, and it did make the walk a little more soothing.

Saturday morning another quick stroll - I think I'm just imagining things but her swelling looks smaller and she seems to wake up easier. I am probably just seeing what I want to see. She's still not eating, but I am easily getting her meds in her.

I did have to head out for the day on the Reading bus trip which I had already signed up for. I guess it's better than bugging Satin every half an hour to check on her and feeling sorry for her and myself. We got our butts pretty much handed to us with spurts of good play intermixed, we're just not consistent.

I guess I also need to say thanks for answering me after so long, even if it's not the best answer. I'll appreciate the fact that after not speaking to me or acknowledging me for so long you went out of your way to speak and to bring closure to something for me. I wish I could, just once, have the right thing to say to cheer you up. At least I was mellow and not strung out by your speaking that I could actually look at you and take in the conversation. I guess my lack of internal panic tells me some of the emotion towards you is draining from me, but it's still there. If it wasn't (maybe it was just that on top of everything with Satin) I wouldn't have cried intermittently the whole way home.

"And if I had one wish I'd wish that you would live every day like every day was your last one. -Bif Naked"

No comments: