Saturday, December 24, 2005

The past two days has been pretty busy running around, but I guess that's to be expected with the holidays upon us. I headed out after work Thursday to meet up with Beff and Slippy for a nice dinner at Rizzo's before we stopped in at Beff's to swap gifts. It was proven just how good of a girl I've been all year as I scored a gorgeous opal ring, my very own putter, the NHL monopoly game, and a worthy "replacement" for my old tattered and abused Clarion sweatshirt. I say "replacement" because you know darn well I can't toss the old one, but I will stick to wearing it only while I'm cleaning etc.

Friday, my first vacation day, I was on the search for a stinking filter for my humidifier. I'm pretty sure the items I ordered from Amazon that are on backorder until February are waiting for this filter. So I guess I'll split the order, and try to find the filter somewhere else. Of course, somewhere else means double the price (plus shipping) since none of the local stores carry the darn thing. At least I will be able to breathe at night and sleep through. I guess it's a worthy investment.

After getting a quick haircut it was then off to Mithy's with some chinese food in hand where I left with a bottle of Vicki's perfume, the stuff I just ran out of not too long ago! During my afternoon down time, I cleaned up in the living room and arranged around a new rug that I found on sale. I'm glad I bought it, because Satin sure finds it more appealing to sleep on than her new bed. The living room looks much nicer. Again I wonder what the crack smokin' beotch who owned this place before us was thinking when she bought mauve carpet.

My two Christmas gifts to myself (neither of which I expected to get here before Christmas) arrived as well, so I have a new stockpile of fabulous wine from Cranberry Wine and Gift Store and a cutie shirt from the River Otters. As to the wine, I've had their wine before and found all we had ordered to be quite tasty. They are, after all, folks in the same vein as my brewing inspiration... the odder the fruit the better the wine. Who needs grapes? I just ordered the River Otters stuff Thursday, I can't believe it got here from Missouri by Friday - now THAT is fast.

A few hours later and it's time to head to the Law's! On the way another quest started, since I've also discovered in another delivery a nice new DVD/VCR that I requested for my bedroom (thanks sis *grin*) I now need cables. Here is where the rant starts (shocking huh, I'm several paragraphs into this post and it's just now coming out). First, I'll repeat how much I hate Circuit Sh*tty. Of course, I hate Walmart more, so in order to avoid the greater evil I first stopped at CS in my quest to find cables that I'll need to hook this thing up. After all, there is still three days of vacation, I'll be wanting to watch movies. These idiots actually think that any self-respecting audio/visual aficionado would actually shop in their hellhole to the extent that they have the audacity to only carry high end cables (starting at $40). Are you insane? The player was probably $90. I'm not spending another 50% of that for cables! Ugh. So, I try a few other places to no avail... what remains but the dreaded Walmart.

So I proceed to the Laws with the hopes that a later hour trip to the Walmart will prove to be less painful than the normal shopping hours. Thank God for the Laws, there isn't a family (yes, family... people with children) that I'd rather spend time with. It was sad to walk in and not be greated by Ripley, but their house was still quite the welcoming home. Now that Jacob is quite apt at locating his own presents, he hunted everything down and I was pleased to see I did good. Heck, even Brian liked Jacob's gifts. I also left there with quite the haul. I am now the proud owner of more booze with which to create delightful martinis in my new glasses, Law-brew, and beautiful glass pumpkin ornaments. As I said before, I've been a very VERY good girl this year. Here's to being naughty in 2006. Volunteers to help me out?

I would proceed with a Walmart discussion, but I'd rather end this entry on a positive note. My gift to you, dear reader. Merry Christmas :) Post Walmart, I was inspired to stop in and snag some new movies from Blockbuster, now that I have the player, the cables, and the booze. Movie reviews - forthcoming!

No comments: