Tuesday, October 18, 2005

What is a girl to do when her mind is just so completely elsewhere? Last night we got a jump start on some of the extra posters we'll need, but that's just the start. I need the opening night roster to crank out the individual posters by Saturday. I'm thinking I could take Friday off and finish up in the morning what I don't get done BEFORE then and take them to be hung up. Then there is the pumpkins. 20 of them. I love doing this stuff, don't get me wrong, but I get overwhelmed in my mind with the things I need to do. I really like the look of awe some people give as a reward for my talent and skill of "tracing" (face it, you're a tracer - God bless Kevin Smith flicks). Then there is the game and welcome party itself, the driving factors for when all this stuff needs done. I hope what we've pulled together looks at least close to what everyone was hoping for. I am, by far, not an artist. So here I am making a list to ease my nerves some about getting everything done.

Then there is my class. I still need to finish up my second section of my paper (thank GOD the turnin was delayed). I also have to make updates to the first section to try and capture the things I was told I missed. From there I need to crank out more for section 3, 4, 5 in preparation so I just need to write them before we head out on vacation. Maybe I should be thankful that I don't have those pesky date things getting in the way of my quality time with documents. *looks around a bit oddly* Or not.

The holidays are nearly here, there is Christmas shopping to be done. I did snag a few items over a quick lunch-time shopping spree but there are a ton of gifts left to be dealt with and too few ideas even. Who has time to think about what people may want?

As to the hockey games I missed this weekend but were of interest... the pens are still losing *grin* the canes are doing pretty decent 3rd in the division under Florida and Tampa Bay, both of whom have two games in hand on them. In the AHL, good seeing the Falcons at the top of their division. The Marlies, while not faring as well, still has allowed Bates 3 points in 4 games. Down to the UHL, still preseason and roster changes happening there too.

With us, the rumor is that Cavy was traded. If that is true, which I'm starting to believe it, I'm sorry to see you go Cav. Be well - play hard. I'm still waiting to see what we're moving around. We need to make some D alterations and squeeze down the numbers just a wee bit more. Tick tock tick tock.

Friday off is sounding better and better. I can't believe I'm to the point where I actually feel guilty about requesting time off. What on EARTH has come over me? At least I can bury my worries and angst in other activities for a little while before I have to face things head on this weekend. I will be the girl blushing in the corner, as promised.

"I'll make you mine someday. Somehow, Somewhere, Someway. -Kenny Wayne Shepherd"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cavy was traded...it was either to Toledo or Dayton.