Thursday, October 06, 2005

This is going to be a very long post. I think the past day and a half should count as a week, and honestly in some twisted way it was relaxing and vacation like. I have zero desire to try and be creative with my blog names for my travel buddies, so just humor me.

Ok, so I had to travel to deliver the project that I aptly PMted. *insert Vis "ha" here* I made Vans drive so my eyes weren't crossed by the time we hauled into Pax. The game plan for the evening? Sushi and tiki... but wait, before we can get to that good stuff we have to experience the horror that was our hotel. Unfortunately, our usual stay was booked so we stayed at the Ghettotel Best Western.

I walk in and instantly know this won't go well. First, we weren't sure if the "employees" really were employees or ... I'll just say "or what". Despite not having my reservation they did have a room and we're off to settle in. NASTY. Ok, the swirl mark on the desk from their recent cleaning and cigarette burns on the sink in my non-smoking room were a bad start. This was a place I was NOT walking around w/o shoes in. We all gather to head out and get this... Vis had tried to go to his room and hears someone "holla" back when he tries to open the door. The expert front staff handles this deftly saying "he shouldn't be there, he was probably just chillin". Huh? Unlike Vis I would have asked more questions or at least stared in astonishment at the lack of concern by this incident.

Then, sushi - good, not as good as Sakura in Altoona however. The guy went a little haywire with the wasabi, but I at least got my sushi fix. Speaking of fixes *heh* Vans made a quick couple bucks in a bet by getting a wasabi fix. My ex and our other sushi going friends loved to go for the wasabi burn, but Vans took it to a whole new level by snorting the wasabi. I can't possibly detail in words how damn funny it was to watch the multiple attempts at the line of wasabi which culminated in a huge wad of wasabi being forcefully shot up his nostril. Keep in mind we hadn't started drinking yet.

From there, to the tiki bar, laughing all the way. Cute little place, seems like somewhere I could hang - and we did for many hours on those chairs. I do have to put my two cents in on one thing. Establishment owners: If the bathroom is not large enough for 4 stalls, don't put 4 stalls in. Making the stalls so small that a woman over 5'0" cannot possibly use the facilities without knees forcing the stall door open is not a wise business move, especially when the door that leads to the outside is so messed that there is no way it's going to close.

So, we're chillin *grin* at the tiki bar, enjoying their mediocre tasting but quite potent libations, and... plotting things that we would find amusing. Ok, calm down... don't get pissed, just give me a second and keep reading. Count to ten, alright? The question is, how hard to you have to punch someone in the kidney to make them fill their depends? How bad is it if during your plotting other coworkers walk up behind you when you're not paying attention. Good stuff.

After a required pitstop at the Wawa heading back across the bridge I'm the first back to the car. Mork comes flying out and starts pounding this sub like a fat kid on a candybar. I come to find out later this was actually Vis' sub... but all that was left was a mess of lettuce shreds, which I cleaned out of the rental today.

Yeah, I was out drinking pretty late but I did head right to the lobby TV when I got in to find out what the scores were. So, here's the goods that are relevant to me:
Avs fall to the Oilers... frown. Crapitals beat the Blue Jackets... peachy. Devils smack the Penguins around... BEAUTIFUL! Lightning hands the Canes their butt. Ok, I am more of a Canes fan, but TB is our affiliate. I won't bitch. Besides they got to raise the banner at long last!

Bates is now listed up on the Marlies' site. He's dropped 20lbs. Damn, I told you people he was looking extra svelte as of late.

Ok, I got distracted there. So I finally crash out and get roughly three hours of sleep and off to give our demo to deliver the tool. Piece of cake, but we did walk away with a few other changes to be made. Eh. I'll live with it. After our demo, relevant info demo for another effort that I'm shifting to, but dang it was hard to stay awake. Couple that with the bluey colored fluorescent lights and I started up a good headache. I was tempted to think I had a hangover, but as soon as we were able to leave those God-awful lights it subsided. I'm not as weak as I feared.

We did leave a little too late to make it to the last middle eastern dance class. BOO. But we did manage to get some good laughs in on the way home. I think I've also been christened a Red Elvis' fan now as well. Someday I'll get those dance moves about the stupid birds eating butterflys down. Vis had one piece of geek gear that I actually was impressed by... and it's been a while since I've seen something newer that actually makes me think "wow - slick!" There are, of course, iPods everywhere now a days, but on the way TO our destination he managed to avoid purchasing socks and pants at Radio Shack and instead snag a iTrip to keep us entertained. Here's the deal - plugs into the iPod, radiates a signal to your radio in the car. Poof. Broadcasting your tunes to the car stereo. Very wise.

So now I'm sitting here watching Montreal and the Rangers. Neither team something I necessarily have a drive to watch. But I can easily cheer for Montreal just so I can cheer against Kevin Weekes and Jaromir Jagr. Ahh. At last at last. Even if they are being obscenely tight-assed about the rules and calling crap penalties, my life is again complete. If that trickles down to us as well (as I expect it to) Roch won't be too pleased. "Stupid penalties", I've never seen anyone get so upset by them.

As soon as my sheets are dry I'm going to bed. I don't care if it is only 9pm when I crash. I'm old damnit. I can't keep up w/ these youngins and live to blog about it anymore.

No comments: