Thursday, July 28, 2005

Last evening we hauled over and did some more painting at Beff's new place. It's really coming together and her house is so completely going to be a home. There are too many people who look at a house that is up for sale and can't see past the need for a fresh coat of paint or some cleaning to see the gem underneath. I am thrilled for Beff as her gem gets shinier and shinier. Next thing you know she'll be getting married and popping out babies in that place! Ew. I'm not repainting if a toddler "repaints" a wall!

At least I got some sweating in last night working there. It's definitely cooled off in Jtown in the past few days but working at that pace in a house that was closed up all day gives you a bit of a glow. After an evening of work, it's time for an evening of lazy. I'm presently comfortable on my couch listening to the birds outside and watching a movie. Maybe I'll crash early tonight, if the dogs conceed to an early bedtime that is. After the movie, maybe a nice book.

Speaking of the dogs, now I have two anorexic dogs. Well, ok, Vixen isn't starving, but she's not woofing down all of her food immediately and she's not begging from the second I walk in the door. Maybe it's just the heat. Either way, it would be nice to get Satin to eat just a little more each night.

Tomorrow evening is our planned outing to the Band of Brother's presentation of Love's Labours Lost. Our crew for this event gets larger each year. Fluffnutters all around! I can't help but think of Rex when I think Fluffnutters, but then I also think of Smores, which I know he associates with me.

No comments: