Sunday, June 26, 2005

My beautiful new dining room table arrived bright and shiney Saturday morning. It looks fab, so now to not destroy it. I'm debating on getting a class top for it, but people have warned of moisture in between the layers. So how to protect it without hiding it. This is the first time I've had a dining room table that doesn't NEED hidden.

On a bit of hockey-related research: Still no word on Bates' dad's joint in Raleigh, aside from the name (no opening date etc). However I do see that Bates has entered in a venture with someone else on a bar not too far from there which is already open. Amusingly he went in on this with the guy who owns the bar where I met him this past January. How funny is that? Needless to say, this is on my must stops for our visit in July. *grin*

So what does a girl do on a flaming hot Johnstown day? Today I hit Beff's church and some lunchtime grub with the girls. From there a little time spent at the mall and in Vickis produced a few purchases. Then back to the house just in time for Davey T to pull up and get my vroom styling.

What the neighbors must think. Me, with my little 22 year old "pool boy" out there half naked cleaning my car. Ah, that's the life. *laugh* Poor Davey, I make him fix crap when he's here too. But it's easy when I can square up with just a wee bit of booze.

For the third time in a week I got off my butt in the evening after it cooled down and went for a bit of a stroll. I really need to get in shape and shed a few more pounds. I knocked off 20 lbs last year with some routine walking and minimal consumption observation, I'm sure I could do the same again this year.

One last question for the evening. Do I REALLY have to get up and go to work tomorrow?

PS. Yes, I know my blog is "screwed up". I've messed with the template in an attempt to repair and realign my text with my side bar to no avail. I'm not a stylesheet goddess or anything, but all I can figure at this point is that there is something hosed in the classes being called within my template to which I have no control over nor visibility to. If things aren't remedied soon expect me to revamp. If that happens, things could get interesting :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

There's another blog I go to that has the exact same formatting issue as yours. Weird.