Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I bowled well this evening, and we had enough people bowled out that I was out of the alley a few minutes after 8, just in time to see the huge beautiful flakes... the ones that keep falling, but don't seem to make a mess of the roads. I've been saying for weeks that I was looking forward to nicer weather to start walking again. Well, it wasn't too cold and it was nice in it's own way so I dumped off the bowling ball on my walk from the alley and continued on down the road for another half an hour.

All the while listening to my Chiefs in Reading of course. I know how much Jean DesRochers loves those crap penalties... ;) hooking AND high sticking eh? It's okay, we still love you. C'mon. Smile, you know you want to. You're so easy to get out of a pissy mood.

Scott Dobben tossed one in to get us off of 0-2 before the end of the first. We were borderline robbed on a few. Matt Reid snagged a puck that the goaltender didn't have under control and scored, unfortunately after the whistle. Another close one where the puck would have crossed the line had it not run into Mike James' fallen stick right on the line. Going to the third we're still 1-2 and holding our breath. Unfortunately as things wrapped up we were down 1-3. All streaks must end, but that doesn't mean a new streak can't start immediately. But I REALLY wish we could have wiped Reading. *hiss*

The beauty of this evening is... I also got to listen to the webcast of the SeaWolves. Yes, I'm officially a SeaWolves fan now *wink* and I have a new favorite ECHLer. Bates scored one and brother Anthony was sure to perform well in front of big bro, netting one as well. Not wanting to miss out on any aspect of the game Bates made sure to spend a few in the box for high sticking and elbowing. (Both of my boys seemed to want to "feel shame" this evening. ;) )

Great game to listen to as the SeaWolves (I always want to type Sea Cows.. but that's a whole other joke from high school swimming) came climbing back responding to goal after goal and bringing it to a 5-5 hockey game just in time to go to overtime. Good work by Jay Legault pulling a hat trick in the effort, snagging all three goals in less than 4 minutes of play. Shoot out. Dang, how many of THOSE have I seen this year. Well, with me working the photo table after every game... I guess seen is a bad way to phrase things. Regardless. Bates didn't score on the shoot out *pout*, but neither team scored in 5. Anthony went up in the 6th round empty handed as well. 7th round SeaWolves score. WOW, great game.

No comments: