Friday, December 03, 2004

It's Friday and tomorrow is my first final. I may very well lose my mind by then... so bare with me on this post. When I get stressed out little silly things start to pick at me like I'm a great big scab ready to bleed. I think we managed to off the freaking blackberry in the next (EMPTY) cube which has been making an annoying buzzing and bleeping noise every three minutes or so. Maybe I just seek out things that will bug me, as my next step was to peek in on the news. Here are the head shakers I found so far today.

Insanity number 1: [article] Bonds says he UNKNOWINGLY took steriods. Are you hearing me here people? Unknowingly. Even if the "medications" had names I was unfamiliar with I might inquire as to what exactly I was receiving. If you're not smart enough to tend to your person you should be wearing a helmet like Miss Clara's cousin Bleh. (If you don't catch my reference you need to watch more comedy central).

Insanity number 2: [article] The term master/slave, as used for computers was banned as being RACIALLY offensive in LA. WHAT?! RACIALLY? Um. I didn't realize bondage had anything to do with race... oh wait, it's not bondage, it's the oppression of geeks and their humor everywhere. Just ask Cartman: "Seriously. I HATE YOU GUYS."

Insanity number 3: [article] Men wearing the wrong size condoms. Is this really a discussion? What shocks me is that this article claims nearly half of the men out there try to squeeze into condoms that are ... TOO SMALL. Where ARE these men?

On other, decent news, the NHL and NHLPA are looking to have negotations. I don't expect much to come of this aside from a formal announcement that the rest of the season is axed, but it's good to see something new on this front.

With local hockey here's the latest words: Bill Downey is resigned with us, at least to help us cover whilest we're down a few. My understand is that we will be missing our latest captain, Mather due to personal reasons. Sully has been blessed to hit the ice again... and Tremblay is now on 7-day IR. Oh, and Desrochers is still pretty.

"Burn the witch. Just bring me back her head. -Hole"

No comments: