Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Another long weekend approaches, and it hasn't even snowed in Johnstown yet. I suppose I should bite my tongue lest I anger the gods. I hope I can get my house cleaned up and my Christmas cards finalized this weekend. It's hockey night once again so hip-hip to the boys let's get back out of this slump.

Bowling went well last night. I even beat my high series by 4 pins. I'm still under 400 on my series but barely. If my second game didn't always completely revert to ineptitude I might be golden.

Ok, now it's time for audience participation. See the little 'comment' link below each post? I want you to click on this link and leave an anonymous post for me. Help me out here... what is WRONG with me? As I've mentioned before - I waffle back and forth between wanting to find Mr. Right and wanting to just run around and have fun. At the same time here I am two weeks from the office Christmas party and I'm dateless. I mean, how hard is it to find a date when you can offer someone surf and turf and all the free booze they can guzzle? (Even if the hockey team didn't have a game that night I'd never have the balls to twist one of their arms into going. I only mention this because several people's first response was - make a player go with you. And no, ensuring one of them is on IR is NOT a good option either, but thanks for that idea C. *bites lip*) Do I just interest myself in the unattainable ones BECAUSE they're unattainable? Is it my own subconscious effort to thwart my own efforts?

Also, if you feel so inclined, let me know at what point I'll start to understand men a little more. I've grown up with mostly male friends, I think I "get" guys better than I do females but I still end up clueless. Example: The one who should have been #1, could have been #4, the one whom I've loved for years... now disappears back into the communication void. What do I do? I turn female and start questioning why I haven't heard from him. I know that's stupid (and way too female for my own liking), but I do it.

"I may just be a little too fast pace and racey. -Eminem"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st of all you will never fully understand men, not because of any flaw of yours, but because men do not even undersand themselves. why do you think they never talk about feelings etc., because they are foriegn and alien things that are left to movie scripts. I should know, being a 31M.

As for your own eternal conflict of Mr. Right VS Mr. Right now- I would just offer that we are all goin to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride. Enjoy your existence, whether its witha M or not. While it is nice to have that someone, and I can empathise- sp? with you I also think that it should not be the thing that makes you happy, it should be the thing that you can share your happiness with.

As for the Christmas party, I have a suggestion if I may act the cupid matchmaker for once. Um, Shawn Schmalz is single, and nice, and absolutely loves hockey. Maybe you could ask him? He is a friend of Brian Law's. Good luck and happy turkey day.

Anonymous said...

Robert works at Hilltop? Office Supply. I am sure you know where it is and so forth. He would love to go out for free meal with you. :)

Anonymous said...

No no honey.. you have it backwards.. You use your arms and hands and catch them by the you-know-whats. Do it the right way and they will vie for who gets to go with you to the party. Just try it once, and let us know how it goes.

Angela said...

I'm up for the challenge. I'm not going to post anonymously, though.

I don't think there's actually anything wrong with you. When it's time to find Mr. Right, you will, whether you want to or not. It's not really anything you have control over, unfortunately. I think that makes your "attainable" vs. "unattainable" theory irrelevant.

As for finding a date, I can't really answer that one. Back in my dating days, I had about as much luck finding a date as I do of winning the powerball.

I don't know what your method of finding a date for your Christmas party consists of--are you actively or passively pursuing this? Hell, even I could probably find you a date for the office Christmas party when surf and turf and alcohol are on the menu.

I don't think men are that difficult to understand (they are a lot easier than women, anyway). Regarding the one you are referring to, I think that's a special case and the normal rules don't apply.

Anonymous said...

Please ignore the post about Shawn, he wants no part of this insanity. I reccommend the hilltop fellow, or scratch it all together cause office parties are lame anyway. :)