Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Remember the day you realized your knight's armor wasn't very shiney? I do. I remember having a dead battery and calling for "help". 20 minutes later my friends showed up instead of my beloved, whom I had called. There was a good reason: the jumper cables _I_ bought for him were given away by his mother to his sister. WTF. *shrug*

Anyhow, I was reminded of that yesterday when my engine light came on on the way home from work. I stopped, snagged some oil, quickly realized in the past year of owning this vehicle, I haven't opened the hood of my Durango. Doh. Wouldn't normally be a problem - if I could have found the damn release once it was popped. Let's discuss how helpless and female this made me feel... never mind stupid. But I had to laugh. How many engine lights come on at 6400 miles. Ok, don't answer that. I'm sure Mrs. Law would point out that they had issues w/ their Dodge too, but I'm still sold on them.

I pleasantly surprised myself bowling in the 140s for two of my games last night. Yeah, I know, still not the greatest score, but I'm getting better. I've also got all of the pumpkin patterns lined up and ready to go. Now to snag the items I need to make my macaroni and cheese and to determine which halloween outfit for which day - or to repeat the one key one. So many decisions. But oh, how I love Halloween :) If only I didn't have to work I'd have time for all of those other things that are pressing.

"If you tell the world... -Aaliyah"

No comments: