Saturday, October 02, 2004

It's really nice to plop down on the couch for a minute after bustling about all morning. The house is fairly clean now, and I've also provided bigger and better accomodations for Bates, my betta fish. I even got him a neighbor (another male), who is yet to be named, although... if I go with the theme and my lack of creativity you can guess what I'll end up naming him. Two male entities in what use to be an all female house. It's like re-aligning karma or something. :)

I did some reading on betta fish last night, so I feel a lot more knowledgable about them. When I first got Bates he would make all kinds of bubbles. Turns out that is his 'nest' which he makes to prepare for eggs should a lady happen by. Since he hasn't been nesting lately, that supported my theory that he was sad. Hopefully the larger container, cutsey leafy thing to 'lean' on (which I now know they like), and the company to 'flare up' at and strut his stuff will get him bubbling again.

No comments: