Monday, October 18, 2004

Ahh... Sixteen Candles. The movie that not only proves how old I am but it also inspires losers like me to think that maybe they could get the guy of their dreams. I think he exists. Hopefully we won't have one of those Alanis Morisette moments ("meeting the man of your dreams... and then meeting his beautiful wife") when the time finally comes.

Do you ever wonder how often you're right when you think you've clicked with someone? I mean, let's say you feel like there is somethere there between you and YOUR Jake (again, Sixteen Candles reference)... but he blows you off. Maybe he blew you off because it was expected of who the world perceived him to be, maybe you were right that there was something there, but instead you interpret it as him not wanting you. Maybe he didn't blow you off... he was just ambiguous because he was afraid you'd blow him off?

What if you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is mutual interest - that click... but for whatever reason allowing something to come of it is avoided. Is it okay? Did you just f w/ destiny? How long is it before you look back thinking "what if"? If you ignore things they may go away for a little while, but they'll eventually come back to bite you. If you chose to not entertain even a friendship - what did you doom yourself to? Can we be friends?

"Baby, now's your chance. It's like cyanide. I am so dumb. Just beat me up. I've had it all for ever, I've had enough. -Hole"

No comments: