Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The president is coming to Johnstown. You heard me right... "W" will be here tomorrow. I have to wonder how our lovely little town was selected for this event. It's not like the War Memorial offers vast amounts of space, but regardless it's kind of nice to know we've been quite a blip on the radar this year between W and the Stanley Cup.

If you take a step back and think about things, Johnstown gets a good bit of mention nationwide. Granted, the first thing to everyone's mind is the flood, but while living in NC, Johnstown was the town named for everything that happened near by. That includes the reports of Flight #93 coming down (reportedly "near Johnstown PA") and the Miners being trapped (reportedly "outside of Johnstown PA"). There are definitely worse ways to have your city publicized on the national news. I mean look at poor Florida as a whole, how are they publicized? With tragedies that involve mass destruction and death (hurricanes) or presented as a pile of idiots due to the whole "chad" and confusing ballot issues.

Do I miss living in the south? Absolutely. But I guess there are worse places than Johnstown. Ask me about that again in a few months when I'm diging out from the snow. Oh wait - maybe that won't be as much of an issue... did I mention I put a bad-ass snow blower on reserve? *grin*

Ok, it would be quite confusing for my regular readers should I talk politics (lightly) but not mention something related to hockey. So here goes. Fan club meeting last night, nothing too exciting but things are moving along for the start of the season. We have another raffle going on for cold hard cash friends oh mine! So contact me if you want some of these $1 tickets.

Bret Hull presented himself as an ass, reportedly saying:
"I couldn't care less. It's no fun playing." and "I don't give a ---- about the fans anymore."
This is exactly the type of attitude that I think is going to crush the NHL. Again, I step upon my soap box saying if you don't play because you love the sport - piss off, retire. There are players who love the sport that are younger, faster, and better than you waiting for your seat on that NHL bench. I'm sure your pleasant attitude will make the Coyotes proud.

Further, how about Tkachuk last night... who said to hell with a hat trick, I want four which bounded the US past Russia in the World Cup games. Beauty.

There seems to be a good number of ECHL signings in the past day and a half - but silence in our office. *grumble*

"Never gonna get what you want. -Vision of Disorder"

No comments: