Wednesday, June 23, 2004

This morning started off a little less than glamorous. Last night Vixen refused to come in the house, I should have taken that as a hint at the time, but didn't. She eventually came in when I went to try again at 3am when I woke to use the bathroom.

Well today when both dogs went running to the same corner of the yard I figured it was time to take the shovel and go look. Seems something killed off a possum in the backyard. I was rather impressed that neither dog had gutted it, like they do with rabbits, but was still disturbed enough that I needed to scoop the thing up in the shovel and toss it over the fence.

This possum looked like a HUGE NYC sewer rat. I like rats, hell, I've had them as pets, but the look of this thing actually made me cringe.

I guess I should count my blessings. I have seen raccoons walking outside of the fence. I fear what a mess there would be if my dogs encountered a raccoon inside the fence. *now where's that emergency vet number?*

At least the week is half over.

"They just strut, what the... -Fatboy Slim"

No comments: