Saturday, May 01, 2004

Proof that being me is a pain in the ass sometimes:

So I'm determined, my cookout WILL have hockey today. ABC. Hmm. Okay, I've got the rabbit ears, but there is already something plugged into the 'cable' interface on the back of the TV. I need something that will allow both to come into the one spot. I'm on a quest. I find things that do the opposite (cable to two TVs, but no two inputs to one TV).

I finally bend and go... to Radio Shack. I hate them. I hate them and Circuit City both. And, of course, they had what I needed - but at the price that demonstrates why I hate them. Why is it, it costs $3.00 to split one line in to two TVs, but it costs $25.00 to tie two inputs to one TV. THAT, my friends, is the miracle of Radio Shack.

SO, I get home, I'm psyched, this is going to rule, I'll have hockey - and it will be worth the $25 spent. Hmm. Okay, too bad the stupid thing isn't compatible with the back of my TV. ARGH!

But that's not the kicker. I decide, screw it, I'm going to just plug in the rabbit ears, and I'll switch it back to DirecTV later. I unplug the DirecTV... but the signal is still coming through. Ponder. Oh. Hmm. The cable running into the cable input was from the VCR that stopped working and was thrown out well over two months ago. *ARGH* I'm an idiot. On a bright note, I now have my DirecTV and my rabbit ears connected. Sadly, I still only get two local channels, the one is Fox, the other I can't determine what it is just yet.

The chances of this being ABC are probably slim to none, but my fingers are still crossed. We'll see. Odd how you can't get local stations w/o cable either. *shakes head*

No comments: