Sunday, September 27, 2026

 After the battery swap the whole house went off one more time as we prepared to climb into bed.  Fortunately, it gave us peace until 5am when one room started to chirp like it had a dead battery.  After church today I made the run to Home Depot.

They also had extra batteries for the new mower for $99 as end of season clearance (vs $329) so I picked up spares.  This was not something you could order online, so I had to go to the store - and figured I'd just get the detectors while there.  Note that online if you buy 6, which I need to do, you get 15% off making it cheaper to buy individual detectors instead of the 4 pack.  They do not honor this in store and customer service couldn't care less when you point out the online discount stating "it depends on the item".  Online customer service told me I should have talked to a manager.  Gee, thanks.  So I overpaid AND ended up with one that already had the batteries activated.  Regardless, we instead used the second carbon monoxide detector from the previous replacement scenario in the basement and I needed the base from the smoke detector to do it.  Whee.

Hopefully those two issues are resolved.  Now I'll just sit here and fight with my tv and internet trying to get it to stop buffering.  I still may lose my mind.  It's already been way too frigging expensive of a weekend.  PBJs for dinner this week.

No comments: