The evenings are definitely getting cooler. I still have a few peppers growing that I'm trying to bring to fruition. I pulled most of the tomato plants last night as they were done. I think two remain with numerous green fruit. The only other things left are the green beans, which blows my mind because they continue to produce, and my few beet plants, but if what I pulled earlier this summer is any indication they'll be long and spindly not bulbs.
Halloween decor outside is good to go but nothing inside yet. I need another full day working in the basement and I need to get through the bins that were moved to the garage to purge more goodies and put the remaining "away".
The other news is we had three more kitties join us as fosters. The rescue held off until Mercury and Venus' adoptions were finalized and that just took place. These three were with one of the group's leaders who also had their mother. They're fully vetted already, so a bit older than what I typically get and what a mixed bag! The girl, Leona loves pets and she has a beautiful coat; she is totally ready, I just need to get good photos of her and get to know her more to create a write up. The first boy, Frankie, needs a bit longer to adjust but is friendly enough and also likely ready to roll. The second boy, "Mama's Boy" is just that. I guess he hung tight to his mom and thus didn't socialize as much, he'll need some time to decide I'm cool. We'll work on it and get him a new name. I'm thinking Marlon Brando to stick with the Italian vibe and to keep the MB initials.
No comments:
Post a Comment