Saturday, September 26, 2026

Last night I mowed part of the lawn but ran out of juice. This morning the fully charged batteries did nothing to start the mower.  eff.  I could have invested in another GreenWorx mower and potentially been able to keep using those batteries and have the existing chargers to help me -- but that would be ordering it online. So I ran to a local place that features Toros.  I ended up coming home with another electric mower, Echo brand.  This time I went with self-propelled to try and help me out a bit on those super hot days on the sloped part of the yard.  It would have been nice if the existing mower could have made it to the end of this mowing season, but here we are.  I guess the old one had an ok run (over 9 years - thanks blog).

Back in June when my fire alarm went off at 3am I vacuumed everything and have had peace ever since.  Today that came to an end.  As I sat at the kitchen table relaxing for a moment it panicked me out of my seat.  Another run through the house proved everything safe and clear.  It turned off within two minutes. Then peace... for a couple of hours.  At that point it started sounding again running for approx 10-60 seconds each time it went off. After about the 5th time I decided to change every friggin battery (even though none of them have beeped to indicate an issue).  I just hope it doesn't terrify me awake tonight.

I guess it if goes off again the next step is replacing all of the sensors.  If you recall I replaced the one that alerts "fire" or "carbon monoxide" and doesn't have a replaceable battery a while back (didn't manage to timestamp this one in my blog).  That for sure had a 10 year life span.

No comments: