I'm grateful for vacation, but the lead up and the come back are rough. I always try to clean and get a lot out of the way so when I come back I'm not already behind. When I come back there are the several loads of laundry, the lawn that got an abundance of water in my absence, running for the dog and groceries - and this time a quick ortho visit before school starts back up.
We landed at midnight last night, got home at 1, I greeted kitties, emptied suitcases, and showered to be in bed by 2:30. Gave myself a bit of grace and had an alarm set for 7am. Then it was on with all the things. While I had a bit of a boost from an airplane nap and time zone changes in my favor I'm wiped.
Many tomatoes turned and rotted out back in my week away. I picked what I could and got the other yellow pepper which ripened to perfection. I got the front and side lawn mowed while dinner cooked - mind you the mower REALLY didn't want to start this time (it's been acting up and sounding unhappy all summer), grabbed cupcakes for an early birthday sing before kiddo's Nonni left (they spent the night after and we went to the ortho appointment (kid is now rocking school colors on her teeth.) followed by brunch since the fridge was pretty bare), brought the doggo home, and still got 7.5 hours in today. Huzzah.
I have a lot to say about vaca, but I'll save it for another day when my fingers are cooperating with my brain. Time to move the last load of laundry to the dryer and get in the shower. Goodnight moon.
No comments:
Post a Comment