I'm feeling 95% better, a bit of a cough still and I had a moment of woozy today, but I'm good. So tell me why when I got up today I had lost all memory of the correct mass times at which church. In my mind, we should NOT head to the church closer to the house because there is no longer mass there at the time we liked (except that is the Sat eve mass), so I headed to the main church in the parish to walk in as communion is starting. I look up times and misread it and was half way to the 3rd church before I realized eff, that's the church I thought we shouldn't be going to and had to turn around - either way I'm destined now to be late for the 8:30 mass.
We get there just in time, but mentally I'm a wreck. Did they change the times while we were away on vaca for ONE WEEK? Surely not, they always give warning. What is going on? This doesn't jive with my brain at all and it leaves me in tears - the whole mass, crying, can't stop, whilst we stand at the back because we were riiiight on time to catch the blessing. In my addled brain this is assuredly another sign in my deteriorating memory that I am headed for early onset dementia. That at any point is always a fear after living with a senile great aunt in our house when I was a teenager.
I leave there and head home, we have my sister and her hubs coming to celebrate kiddo's bday with us, lunch and some ice cream. My frustration with myself lingers and I can't shake it all day plus my eyes hurt, they are dry and itchy to the point that I can't see right even with my glasses.
After our day together has ended my favorite egg goes about replacing the garbage disposal - have I posted that that started to leak water a while back, stopped, and decided to start again the day before vacation? Oh yeah, good times. So yesterday I went and spent the money on that after the new stove was finally delivered two months later (and well after the cutoff for the submission of the rebate). Oh - and I noticed the bottom drawer doesn't sit straight on the stove, so that's great. Anyhow he seemed to get the disposal in without a hitch and then the dishwasher wouldn't run (glad I wanted to start it before he left). Turns out the easiest troubleshooting is the solution and he hadn't removed a plug - dishwasher is now running. This is all after he arrives today with my fixed expensive hairdryer in tow that pulled apart at the plug when I went to unplug it.
He leaves, I sit down and now my roku remote doesn't work. New batteries didn't fix it, restarting things didn't fix it... as I type this the tv et al crashed and rebooted and now it's working again. The universe needs to slow its roll, I'm not hear for it right now. With the medical appointments lined up for this week, I don't need this pace to continue. It will encourage me to discuss my overall menopausal changes with my female care doctors - namely memory among others.
No comments:
Post a Comment