Thursday, August 29, 2024

Poor Saf.  We've been getting her nails trimmed regularly so her feet aren't sliding out from under her.  Well, when she's tired or feeling weak she drags her hind foot a bit.  A recent trim and a bit of a drag on the concrete and she's gotten herself bloody.  On one hand it's a good thing, because this means she has the energy to pace/do loops.

I noticed a bit of blood on the back stairs and deck the other day, but when I checked everyone's feet they looked ok.  Today there is defn more.  I am guessing the one was trimmed just a little too far which is a bad combo with a bit of a drag thanks to the heat really taking it out of her.  I cleaned her up and put one of the little booties on that foot.  Hopefully that will help her out.  Watching her get old stinks.

We were supposed to run tonight for Avery's first singing lesson, but the instructor messaged that she isn't feeling well.  That's a bit of a mixed bag since I had ordered groceries for pickup at the end of the lesson; I guess we're still running up to that plaza.

No comments: