Thursday, October 17, 2024

I ordered top soil to fill holes (Zero!), smooth the edges around my concrete so I don't twist an ankle, and to put down on the spots where the grass died this year (I'm hoping it will help grass take again).  I had originally ordered 1 ton, but after a "are you sure that's enough" from my favorite egg I promptly second guessed myself and got 2 tons.  Aside:  1 ton was probably plenty.

I did have the guy who mows my lawn do some spreading to address the issues highlighted above when he came to mow, that helped me out, but there was still plenty left.  Last night I moved several wheel barrows (my old as heck with a mostly deflated/won't hold air tire wheel barrow that is).  I'm filling in light spots in the flower beds, adding some quality soil around some of the larger plants, filling the gap behind the curb along the street, adding soil at the base of the fire hydrant and water pipe where there was a gap, and putting down a line of soil along the fence.  I'm also topping off my garden buckets.  This took quite a bit away from the pile, but I defn have more to move.

I am feeling okay at the moment.  That means I'm going to be in excruciating pain tomorrow, doesn't it?  At least that exercised helped me get a better night's sleep last night.

No comments: