Friday, December 29, 2023

I went for a massage this morning - definitely needed to work out the knots in my shoulder/back from compensating for my ribs.  The ribs are good - but if I press directly, I can still feel the tenderness.  My cough is 99% gone too.  That means Avery's cough has been going on longer than mine - and mine was around for a month.  Soooo... I called her doctor yesterday and they got her in.  There was no concern about her cough and honestly they felt that it could have an allergy component, so claritin it is.  At least I was able to get her the flu mist while we were there.  She dodged getting the flu when I caught it, but there is still a few months of flu season left.

It's been a good week off.  I managed to get 2 naps in!  They say you can't "catch up" on sleep, but I beg to differ.  I feel so much better.  Yes, I still slept all night both nights w/o issue.

Leading up to Christmas I managed to get all of the cleaning done, which at least means I didn't have a ton of that type of stuff to do this week  I also got that batch of chocolate chip cookies made - we needed it for Santa's plate.  I made a cranberry, pineapple, apple, mandarin orange dish for Christmas eve.  Christmas day was a chicken fajita bake, rice, and salad.  We have one more obligation tomorrow that I need to make something for.  I'm going with another fruit-salad type thing.  I'm so over the big to dos.

Avery seems to be happy with her gifts this year.  We even took a nice long walk yesterday.  Well, I walked, she rode her electric scooter.  I am feeling compelled to take the decorations down.  It would be nice to not need to use a weekend after I'm back to the grind to do all of this.  Maybe with what remains of my time off I will take most everything down and strip the tree to just lights.

No comments: